Friday, January 4, 2013

Road Trip Pros

We are officially pros at road trippin'. Our Christmas was awesome! But we were definitely on the road. A lot. It was during this trip we realized that in the past 5 months, we've managed to travel 4 times outside of Pittsburgh...like 10 hours or more outside of Pittsburgh. We made stops in the Outter Banks of North Carolina & multiple cities in SC - Beaufort, Greenville, Columbia, and Aiken to name a few. That's over 6,192 miles and roughly 120 hours in our SUV. Phew! AND we managed to stay happily married!!

I wish I could say it was a load off to have all of those trips behind us, but the truth is I'm bummed they're over. Each trip brought us something to look forward to. As tiring as traveling may be, knowing that we had opportunities to visit with family & friends really kept us going.

We're looking forward to future trips (yes, we already have a few in the works) & are hoping that 2013 will bring us MANY visitors (hint, hint!!).

Side Note: Did you know Pittsburgh was listed by National Geographic as one of the top 20 places to visit in the world? No kidding! Check it out here! It was also dubbed as a new up & coming hot destination for 2013 on The Today Show. (There's a video for proof...just Google it :) My only recommendation is to visit during the warmer months. We come back to Pittsburgh and this was our welcome...


I hope you had a wonderful New Year! We did and I have an announcement (stop holding your breath - we're not pregnant!). The New Year brought a new job for me! I accepted a position with a great organization and will be the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Associate. I'll give you all more details as I settle in. 

I'm definitely excited for this opportunity and am looking forward to getting out of the house on a regular basis!! ;) This stay at home stuff is for the birds. I'm so glad this year started off with a positive step forward - 2012 just seemed like such a wash for me. I hope 2013 is good to you all!!

Ringing in the New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment