Thursday, November 15, 2012

Better than Never


I can't believe I waited so long to post about our last trip to Beaufort for another great wedding! My slacking ways don't make for good blogging habbits.

So, let's travel back to the first weekend in November. We headed down to Greenville Thursday night and stayed with some super sweet friends, Alison & Danny H. They are some seriously great friends and we truly thank them for playing host to us and our two crazy weenie dogs each time we come in town! (Which has been a lot lately and we usually don't get in until late. Thank ya'll!)

Greenville is always our first stop when we travel back to Beaufort. Why? Well, for a few reasons. It feels like home for us and if I could hug Greenville, I totally would! Some of our absolute most favorite people live there and even though we don't always get to see most of them due to time constraints, just being there makes us feel like we did - I would hug all of them, too! (I've become quite the hugger and if you know me, you know I've never been one to hug.)
And....are you ready for this? I'm still getting my hair cut there!

Ah! I said it. I'm driving 9 hours to get my hair cut. But you don't understand! I LOVE Emily at Wilson's on Washington! She's simply amazing and is the only one that can cut my hair - and  she also puts up with my neurotic hair issues. She's such a sweet person! Even though she was battling a horrible sinus infection, she somehow mustered up the strength to cut my hair during this visit. I am one grateful lady! Thank you, Emily!

I've always said "hair can make or break you." It's so true. I've had one too many horrible hair cuts (especially since we moved up here). With short hair, it's so hard to hide mistakes. Once it's hacked all to pieces, you're in trouble. So the last time it looked like my hair had been cut by a 3 year old with dull scissors, I talked Josh into taking me home to see Emily. That wasn't hard to do, since we both love that little town so much!

After we got a short fill of Greenville, we made our way to Beaufort Friday afternoon. As soon as we get close to that salty air, we both get so excited!

We always have so much fun catching up with our friends and family, and that weekend was no exception! We're so glad the past two visits to Beaufort have been centered around two beautiful weddings! We were looking forward to the fall for this very reason.

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Green! 

Josh snapped this pretty picture!


It always feels so good to go home, but we hate leaving. We've really learned to value any amount of time we get to spend with loved ones. We're so grateful that so many of you go out of your way to see us too!

To help with the sting of driving back to Pittsburgh, we decided to stop in Columbia Sunday night to visit two (and a half) of our besties, Amy, Ryan & Baby Miller - who is still baking in the oven. Thank you guys for letting us crash on a school night!

With all of these trips, it almost feels like we never left. Almost!

1 comment: