Wednesday, May 1, 2013

18 Weeks

It's been 8 weeks since my last post! I am finally feeling better from my couch/bed ridden (all day long) morning sickness. Phew!

I have to take a moment to give a shout out to my hubs who totally went above and beyond to make sure I was well taken care of during the first trimester. I know it was difficult to come home to sick wife after a long day at work - he had all the cleaning, cooking, and pet care to handle while I was out of commission and he dealt with it all like a champ! Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love him any more than I already did, his attentiveness and sweet nature made me feel an even stronger sense of admiration and love for him. I married one heck of an amazing man and that's a true understatement! I seriously am one lucky lady!

Sorry about the horrible selfie! I have never been able to take these! I'd have Josh take them, but we really don't have a great spot to take pictures in the apartment - the lighting is terribly dark. 

How far along:18 weeks! Time flies - we're almost to the half way point!

Total weight gain/loss: I lost a few lbs from my first trimester and at my last doctor's appointment I had gained them back to bring me up to my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't actually own a scale (gasp!). I've just never worried that much about what the scale says. So, we'll find out for sure how much weight I've gained at my appointment next Thursday.

Maternity clothes: I was lucky that my SIL, Stephanie, let me borrow her maternity clothes. So, I have a few things from her and have purchased a pair of jeans. I can almost button my pre-pregnancy jeans and one of those belly bands would probably do the trick, but my maternity jeans are just way more comfy than my regular jeans. I can still wear my shirts, but at this point I prefer the maternity shirts with ruching - that way the bump looks more like a bump and not a gut. ;)

Sleep: I'm super uncomfortable in bed and now have 3 pillows (one for my head and two for my sides - they help keep my on my sides and I throw my leg over them.) I'd have more pillows, but I think Josh would kick me out.

Best moment this week: I absolutely LOVE feeling the little peanut kick!! It started at week 16 and feels like a tiny muscle spasm. I just wish Josh could feel, but that will come in time.

Miss anything? I do miss regular clothes. I love summer styles and I'm sad that I can't shop for all those cute summer things, bathing suits included!

Food cravings: A good southern meat and three!

Anything make you queasy or sick: Lots of things that I ate while I was sick or got sick from still makes me queasy. Let's not talk about it.

Baby is a: Singleton! as in just one...not twins! ;) We were a little worried it may be twins in the beginning - mainly because everyone kept saying it was twins! (And yes, I know this question is really asking about gender)

Looking forward to: Our ultra sound appointment this Monday - we should be finding out boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment